Our present campus includes a modern 12,000 square foot main retail store. The facilities include past stores and offices used now to hold additional lumber yard inventory. Our customers are the backbone of our success. While the company continuously strives to meet the needs of its customers by adding new products and services, we have not forgotten our history. We thank all past, present, and future customers for the opportunity to serve them.
- Walt Jackson, October 2019 – Present
- Donald Roensch, 2014 – 2019
- Mike Stevenson, 2014
- Harry Lehmann, 2009 –2014
- Clement Trlicek Jr., 1996 -2009
- Lambert Baron, 1982 -1996
- Erwin W. Janssen, 1942 – 1982
- Harry Oeding, 1935
- Herman Schroeder, 1909
- Fritz von Rosenberg in November, 1908
The first manager of Farmers Lumber Company was a Mr. Huddeston.
- Herb Janssen, President
- Harry Lehmann, Vice-President
- Daniel Cernoch, Director
- Gary Lincke, Director
- Doug Stribling, Director
- Lambert Baron, 2012
- Donald Dopslauf, 2002
- Don Williams, 1985
- C.M. Janda, 1969
- Gerhard Ruether and Roy H. Giese, 1960
- Emil Flath, 1953
- H.J. Sladczyk, 1943
- A.W.F. Mayer, 1935
- W.H. Thomas, 1914
Farmers Lumber Company of La Grange, Texas was organized on October 1, 1907 with $16,000 in capital stock being issued. The first board of directors consisted of F.J. Reynolds, Chr. Diers, H. Amberg, Ernst Knigge, Jr., C.J. von Rosenberg, H.J. Sladczyk, W.H. Thomas, August Warnken, and A.W.F. Mayer. The first president of the board of directors was F.J. Reynolds who served until December, 1908.
The first two managers were paid $75.00 a month. In June, 1908, Farmers Lumber purchased two carloads of lumber paying $10 per 1,000 board feet for the first carload and $8 per 1,000 board feet for the second carload. The company has grown from 4 employees after World War II to more than 20 employees.
Today, Farmers Lumber Company is headquartered in the spacious facility it moved into on June 25, 2001 at 515 East Travis Street in LaGrange.